The stress and anxiety of the COVID-19 outbreak is impacting families in various ways, and these resources can help you and your family stay safe and calm during this challenging, and uncertain time.
With schools closing, it’s also important to consider how you can keep your children who are old enough to stay home alone safe while you’re working. Please see the articles below that can help you discuss the COVID-19 outbreak with your children based on their age, and set rules and limits.
Also, when adjusting the environment for their increased safety, please don’t forget to secure alcohol, tobacco, prescription and over-the-counter medication, and firearms. Even well-behaved children make impulsive decisions based on natural curiosities that get them into trouble when bored.
CT Suicide Advisory Board
- Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty
- Home Alone: How to Keep Your Kids Safe (and out of trouble) When You’re at Work
- Talking to Children About COVID-19: A Parent Resource
- CT Children’s Medical Center Coronavirus FAQs
- Hartford Healthcare Coronavirus/COVID-19
For the latest information about Connecticut, call 211, text CTCOVID to 898211 or visit ct.gov/coronavirus